Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Things to NEVER Say to your Partner

Original Posting:
http://best-marriage-tips-marriage-love.blogspot.com/2013/06/things-to-never-say-to-your-partner.html


Hello again, I was thinking about some of the couples we've helped, and I realized that there is a problem in common with most of them. We are told several times that honesty is the best policy. In some cases this is true. The things you should never say to your partner are not lies by all meanings, are simple stuff that is obvious to them. We all have mirrors, and we can see things we don't like about ourselves. So most of the time we don't need someone else to point them out and throw us into the deep dark hole that is self-consciousness. Here is a list that might seem silly, but it contains subjects that no matter what you should not EVER tell your partner. If you do, instead of helping it will end up hurting them beyond belief.

1. You are fat.
2. Wow, you ARE getting old.
3. Remember when we got together? you looked so good back then...
4. You should start a diet
5. You left for your trip so skinny and now, look what happen...
6. Are you in yet?
7. I’m not saying you are that small, it's just that I've been with bigger guys...
8. Ewww I thought penises look nicer...
9. Ewww vaginas ARE ugly.
10. You are starting to look like your mother. You better do something to lose weight and look better.
11. Are you close to getting done yet?
12. You are losing hair; I can see the bald spots from here.
13. Well, I wasn't expecting you to get better looking with the years but DAMN!
14. You look fat.
15. You look gross.
16. You look too fat in that outfit.
17. Wow, someone has been pigging out!
18. My mom said you are too fat, you better start working out.
19. You are too gross right now; I don't want to have sex.
20. Hey Hun, look they are selling a pill to make your dick bigger! We should try that!

I know, you are probably thinking I would never say that. Well luckily enough we are usually not as blunt to say exactly those words. Sometimes we say something very similar that means the exact same thing. For example: You probably need to lose some weight, maybe we should get you a bigger size, DAMN you are packing on the pounds, maybe you should start a diet, and I saw this add for hair loss…. maybe you should check it out. Even though they are not as blunt, they are really hurtful.

If we feel that our partner might need some help losing a couple of extra pounds, don't tell him or her. I'm pretty sure they all have mirrors. Instead say something like: Babe, I want to start a diet for myself, would you do it with me so I don't get discouraged? Or, Hun, I want to start working out, but you know me, and I need a buddy, would you come with me? In either case we are not attacking the person we love. And remember if they say thanks but no thanks, DROP IT! It's more important to have a good relationship based in love and respect, than to feel we look bad for the person we love the most. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment